In June, the InControl Project launched a survey to understand ‘wellbeing’ among people affected by ataxia, review people’s experiences of Covid-19 and find out what services you would like us to develop in the years ahead. We received over 200 responses – thank you to everyone who submitted their feedback.
Having analysed the results, the main themes of services you would like us to focus on include:
- Wheelchair/home adaptations guidance – what are the best options for people living with ataxia
- Mentoring/peer support
- Day to day coping techniques/tailored exercise routines
- Employment advice – how to apply/find suitable employment opportunities
- Counselling service; specifically, around issues such as bereavement
- Volunteering opportunities that are flexible to people affected by ataxia.
If you would like to hear more about the InControl team, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.