Family & Friends Fund
Sometimes, family members and friends of people with ataxia want to support their loved ones by starting a Fund for Ataxia UK. You may want do this over a period of years towards a particular target and have a say in how that money is spent.
With Ataxia UK’s Family and Friends Fund you can develop your fundraising and be certain that the money you raise for us will go exactly where you want it to, whether that be towards care and support; events and fundraising; scientific research for certain kinds of ataxia and so on.
You will have a dedicated member of staff to support you every step of the way.
You can develop your own web page on our website to feature your story, events and achievements, and inspire others to donate!
A fund inspired by a loved one can be very personal, so a Family and Friends Fund give you the opportunity to make it personal. You can name your fund after the person who has inspired it, or give it any name you chose, and complement our Ataxia UK marque with your own logo.
We want your Fund to be as successful as possible. To help it become so, we promise to:
- Help you develop and maintain your Fund’s webpage
- Raise the Fund’s profile through social media
- Give you access to special events and the opportunity to meet other Family and Friends Fund holders at our conferences
- Provide you with a full range of fundraising materials
In return, we ask that you:
- Commit to the development of your Fund and of Ataxia UK in general
- When possible, to encourage your family, friends, work colleagues and the local community to support your Fund and the events you hold
- Will be the face of your Fund and Ataxia UK in your locality. For example, when the local or national press want a story, or through social media
- Give it the best shot you can to achieve the maximum impact! We expect our fund holders to be passionate about the success of their fund, and that you aim to raise a minimum of £2,000 each year
To start a Family & Friends Fund, or for more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org