Two Steps Towards Speedier Ataxia Diagnosis
Too many people with ataxia have struggled to receive a diagnosis. Due to its rare nature, many medical professionals are unaware of what ataxia is and how to treat it. The Medical Guidelines, created by Ataxia UK and neurologists, aims to provide recommendations for healthcare professionals on the diagnosis and management of people with progressive ataxia.
You can help improve diagnosis for the ataxia community. How, you ask? In just two steps!
- Sign up for the challenge and we will send you an information pack with the medical guidelines.
- Get sponsored to walk, wheel or run with family and friends, or fly solo, to your local GP surgery on or around 25 September and give them the Medical Guidelines.
Be part of the change this year to speed up diagnosis and improve care for the ataxia community with just two steps. Don’t forget to gather friends and family to help raise funds and awareness!
Setting up your fundraising page
The easiest and quickest way to kickstart your fundraising is to set up an online fundraising page, and we have a special Ataxia UK IAAD 2021 Fundraising Campaign for you to be part of.
Please follow these simple steps:
- Visit JustGiving (www.justgiving.com/campaign/step2ataxiadiagnosis) and click the orange box which says ‘start fundraising’
- If you have an account, log in. If not, scroll down and set up an account (JustGiving will guide you through this)
- Follow the short step-by-step instructions
- Ta-Da your Fundraising Page is complete and you can start fundraising!
If you need any help, just contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Two Steps Towards Ataxia Diagnosis
Thank you so much for choosing to take part in this year’s IAAD campaign. By taking part, you are helping towards speedier diagnosis and better healthcare for those in the ataxia community. Please provide us with some information below so we can send you a fundraising pack!